Blog

2022 College Leadership

I have the privilege of thanking our College Student Leaders for 2021 and announcing the 2022 College Captains.

Whilst I have only known these Class of 2021 for a short period of time, I wish to thank each Year 12 student for your leadership. Over the past two years you have continued to demonstrate respect, courage and perseverance in your relationships with teachers and peers, as well as to your academic studies. Many of you did not have an official role but you have continued to support our community…thank you.
Thank you to the students who had specific leadership roles. Whilst it may not have provided the opportunities you envisaged, I hope that it was a learning experience. Thank you for your service.

A special thanks to the exceptional student leadership of Steven Tran, Keelan Corcoran, Robbie Miller who have continued to foster student morale and a learning culture. I will remember the warm welcome offered by each of you and you have each exhibited the College values of respect, integrity, belonging, dynamism and joy in your leadership of the Salesian community. Thank you.

The announcement of our College Captains has had to be different this year due to restrictions. The selection process for College Captain has been rigorous with an application, speech to peers and staff, and an interview. The calibre of the cohort made selecting our leaders an extremely challenging task.

Whilst we announce the College Captains today, they will be commissioned with our other student leaders at an assembly after our opening school mass at the beginning of 2022.

It gives me great pleasure to announce our College Vice Captains for 2022:

Jake Johnston; and Mitchell Wain

The College Captain for 2022 will be:

Daniel Amendola

Each of you have been chosen to exercise a special role of leadership amongst your fellow students. Salesian College is a community formed around Christ. It is your responsibility, in accordance with the spirit and traditions of Salesian College, come to know and experience the love of Jesus Christ.

Thank you, Daniel, Jake and Mitchell. I wish you all the best for your leadership.

Mark Ashmore
Principal