At Salesian College, we endeavour to provide an inclusive education by ensuring all of our students are supported in their learning. Our Learning Support Department utilises a Layered Approach to providing this service to students:
- Direct Service: This is student-specific and includes individual, group or class delivery.
- Whole School Service: This is experienced by all and enhances the learning experience
- Beyond the School: This involves developing links with specialist services and agencies who may be of support to students and their families
Learning Support primarily focuses on supporting students who are eligible for funding through the Literacy, Numeracy and Special Learning Needs Program. Other students with additional learning needs are catered for through our Whole School Approach to providing an inclusive learning environment.
Members of the Learning Support Department:
- Work with students directly
- Work with staff in a consultative role
- Provide resources to students, staff and families
- Contribute to curriculum development, with a focus on a differentiated curriculum
- Explore inclusive technologies and strategies to support a wide range of learning difficulties and challenges, and;
- Adopt a holistic approach in supporting the student in their learning