Salesian College Chadstone commits to educating in a manner that promotes the principles and practice of Australian democracy including:
- Elected government
- The rule of law
- Equal rights for all before the law
- Freedom of religion
- Freedom of speech and association
- The values of openness and tolerance
The College is grateful to operate in a democratic nation with Federal and State Governments that support our freedom to pursue our religious beliefs.
Provided they are not inconsistent with our religious beliefs, we accept the right of our elected governments to influence teaching programs and practices.
We commit to freedoms of speech and association for all insofar as those freedoms are exercised responsibly and consistent with law.
We commit to a legal system under which all persons are entitled to be treated equally and we endeavour to treat members of our community fairly and equitably.
We committed to respectfully living in peace with fellow Australians of all faiths, races and cultures.
Consistent with our commitment:
- Our mission and vision are clear and our operations are subject to cyclical review.
- Our Salesian approach comprises reason, religion and loving kindness characterised by a sense of welcome, spirit of faith, dynamic learning and engaged social interaction.
- The Australian Government’s democratic values poster is displayed and the poster and the College’s democratic principles are included on our website.
- Curriculum focused on civics and citizenship is embraced.