1. Visible Learning is the outcome of the research of Professor John Hattie. His research identifies elements and strategies that influence learning the most. The application of Visible Learning at Salesian College is based on the understanding that learning occurs when “teachers see learning through the eyes of a student, and students see themselves as their own teachers”.
Visible Learners are students who can:
- Articulate what they are learning based on Learning Intentions and Success Criteria
- Explain the next steps in their learning
- Set learning goals
- See errors as opportunities for further learning
- Know what to do when they are stuck
- Seek feedback