Blog

New Staff Profiles

Styron I am a Salesian past student who graduated in 2013. After graduating, I completed a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) (Criminology and Sociology Double Major), Masters of Teaching (Secondary). Both degrees were completed at The University of Melbourne.

I play football and I am a big Hawthorn fan, but I enjoy all sports. I spend a lot of time with family and friends.

I am excited to be back at a College that provided me with so many great opportunities.

Timothy 20 years ago I left the telecommunications industry to become a Design and Digital Technology teacher and I have not looked back. I really enjoy exploring the amazing possibilities that modern technology can bring to students in the classroom. I especially love to see my students’ computer generated designs come to life through 3D Printing. When I am not at school I enjoy time with my family, church and sometimes try to play musical instruments (badly).
Mitch I have been an Electrician for 10 years now and for the last 5 years I have had my own business, working for myself. I am excited to get back into a team environment and to expand my skillset. In my spare time I play golf and I love my footy.
Emma Last year I completed a Bachelor of Teaching at ACU and I am very excited to begin my teaching career at Salesian College. I have a passion for education and enjoy providing my students with opportunities to think outside of the box. Mathematics is my main teaching method, however I also have a creative side and enjoy oil painting and charcoal drawing in my spare time.
Rachel I recently completed my Masters of Teaching at ACU and I am extremely excited about the opportunity to begin my teaching journey at Salesian College. I am passionate about the world of Commerce and prior to becoming a teacher I worked as an accountant, most recently at KPMG. In my spare time I enjoy reading, travelling and spending time with friends and family
Montana My love for wellbeing and for the way people think started in the school playground. I was always intrigued by fellow classmates’ actions and behaviours. It was no surprise to me that this passion led to my studies in psychology and social work. I am excited to bring this passion back to the school environment as part of the Counselling Team. In my free time I like to be creative, go to concerts, and play with my shih-tzu Indiana Bones.
Molly For the last four years I have been working as a Casual Relief Teacher across a variety of schools and subjects. This invaluable experience helped strengthen my passion for learning and education and I am thrilled to be passing this onto the students at Salesian. Outside of the classroom my time is spent travelling, reading and enjoying live music.
Luke I’ve spent the last couple of years teaching English as a Second Language to international students from all over the world – a job that was really fun and rewarding, and taught me so much about the world and other languages. I feel so fortunate to now join the welcoming Salesian community and the great Learning Support team we have here. In my spare time I like to visit Italy (global conditions permitting) and also swim (timetable permitting).
Kim For the past five year I have been teaching General Science, Chemistry and Biology. My previous school used PBL as a teaching strategy, so I’m really excited in continuing this style of teaching at Salesian College. Outside of school I spend a lot of time renovating my house. A fun fact about me is that I have black belt in kickboxing.
Daniel For the past 2 years I have been completing my Masters in Clinical Psych in Hobart at the University of Tasmania, and my placements have always leant towards adolescent/young adult mental health, so I am extremely keen to begin my career at a school such as Salesian. In my free time I like to have a swim. I am a die hard St Kilda supporter, something that has given me no joy in the past.
Jamieson I’ve spent four years studying a Bachelor of Science with a Statistics major at LaTrobe University. My passions are IT, learning and passing on my knowledge to others. I’m excited about the opportunity to help support the IT department at Salesian College, and I am looking forward to supporting staff and students. In my free time I enjoy playing basketball and developing my IT skills.
Angela Hi everyone, my name is Angela, and for the past 3 years I have been working as a teacher in public schools. I teach a vast array of subjects including Design Technology, Digital Technology, Media, Art and Visual Communication Design. I have a real passion for expanding my knowledge and I aim to become an expert STEAM teacher. If you are also a big fan of cross-curricular integration, we will become really good friends and working partners… Outside of school, most of my time is taken up by finding good food around Melbourne and travelling to diverse destinations. I am learning dancing (modern jazz) at the moment and I am trying very hard to resume my gym schedule after COVID-19. Say ‘Hi’ to me if you see me around the campus. I would love to know everyone more!