Blog

RUA Resource Centre Blog

This is the last week of RRC Reading Competition. The competition closes at 5pm on Friday 11 September 2020. Thanks to everyone who have already emailed the entries. You still have time until tomorrow to enter this competition and gain merits, along with some fabulous prizes. Please Fill in the Reading Form and list all the books you have read in Term 3 . Email your entries to library@salesian.vic.edu.au

The Rua Resource Centre is happy to present the creation of the Australian collection, which is now available to you; the students and staff of Salesian College.

As this is the last book review for the term , I thought it would be great to highlight one of the books from this collection.

Searching for Cicadas by Lesley Gibbes and Judy Watson

The Rua Resource Centre/library is happy to present the creation of the Australian collection, which is now available to you; the students and staff of Salesian College. As this is the last book review, I thought it would be great to highlight one of the books from this collection.

As I sit here writing this review, I am reading the book and sipping a cup of tea. This beautifully illustrated book is about the adventure of a grandpa and his grandson, who every summer go Cicada hunting at the local reserve.

This book is timeless (it’s the only word I can use to describe it), with a simple storyline. The book is also educational as it explains what a Cicada is, how to find a Cicada, the lifecycle of a Cicada, and much more.

Hopefully next term we can welcome you guys back (on campus), as this is one book that I will be highly recommending for any year level, or member of staff to pick up and escape with, even for five minutes.

– Mr. Bryan