Geography students from Year 7 and Year 8 Biretta tested their geographical skills and knowledge against students from all around Australia in the 2018 Australian Geography Competition.
Having received the results earlier this week I am pleased with how our boys performed.
We have a number of student geographers at our school who performed at a very high level in the Competition this year, with one in the top 1% of their year level across Australia, 8 gaining High Distinctions, 8 Distinctions and 5 Credits.
Over 72,000 students from 743 schools across Australia entered the Australian Geography Competition. The results give us an external benchmark of how our student’s understanding of spatial interrelationships between people and place have developed.
The competition is a joint initiative of the Australian Geography Teachers Association and the Royal Geographical Society of Queensland and in Victoria it is sponsored and endorsed by Monash University and the Australian Department of Education and Training.
Year 7 Biretta Results
- David James – Top 1 % in Australia
- Emmanuel Aquino – High Distinction
- Nimal Valanki – High Distinction
- Methul Agalagama – Distinction
- Keyan Bowker – Distinction
- Ryan Daniel Dennis – Distinction
- Hardu Ginoya – Distinction
- Alexander Hastings – Distinction
- Peter Liptai – Distinction
- Damon Occhiuto – Distinction
- Dineth Diyagama – Creit
- Peter Holland – Credit
Year 8 Biretta Results
- David Hickey – High Distinction
- Macklin Hill – High Distinction
- Alex Nimmervoll – High Distinction
- Tomasz Pluciennik – High Distinction
- John Vayenas – High Distinction
- Alex Yu – High Histinction
- Keegan Parker – Distinction
- Jason Ho – Credit
- Kevin Kang – Credit
- Michale Legg – Credit
Congratulations to all Year 8 Biretta participants who took part in the Australian Geography Competition!
Mrs Kamila Bielinski
Director of School Improvement – Pedagogy