Blog

2020 New Staff Profiles

2020 New Staff Profiles

We’re excited to welcome our 2020 new staff to the Salesian College Chadstone community. Get to know them in their profiles below.

New Staff Profile

Josephine Thomson

“For the past six years, I have been working as a teacher, teaching a vast array of subjects from English to Dance and everything in between. I have a real passion for learning and love to continuously expand my knowledge. In my free time I love to read, dance and keep active any way I can.”

Josephine Thomson

New Staff Profile

Elizabeth Hutchins

“My name is Elizabeth Hutchins. I am an Educational Psychologist who specialises in supporting children and adolescence achieve their academic potential. I have been on maternity leave for five years raising my two small children. I am thrilled to be a member of Salesian College and look forward to a great year ahead.”

New Staff Profile

Mikayla Domini

“Having recently completed my Masters of Teaching from Australian Catholic University , I am thrilled to be part of the Salesian community. I am passionate in the fields of Humanities, Performing Arts and Psychology and enjoy sharing this enthusiasm with my students. In my time away from school, I enjoy travelling the world, engaging in creative projects and seeking outdoor adventure.”

New Staff Profile

Marisa Danese

“I am looking forward to working with the Salesian Community. I am an experienced teacher with a background in Maths, Science, Psychology and English as an Additional Language (EAL). I love to travel, paint, work in my garden and spend time with family and friends. Last year I travelled to England, France, Italy and Switzerland and can’t wait to return to Europe. (One day!)”

New Staff Profile

Matthew Brooks

“I am an experienced teacher who has been teaching Science, Mathematics and PE for 13 years in Australia and for 2 years in inner city London. Whilst living abroad teaching I also travelled extensively throughout Europe and Great Britain. I enjoy sports, and in particular basketball in which I now coach. Growing up, it provided me with an opportunity to play and experience College basketball in the USA. My wife and I have a beautiful two-year-old daughter that we enjoy spending time with together as a family as much as possible.”

Matthew Brooks

New Staff Profile

Adele Bellizia

“I have been a teacher for over 6 years and I am very excited to be a member of the Salesian College community. I am enthusiastic to embrace the traditions and culture at Salesian as well as the teachings of Don Bosco and his passion for supporting and teaching the youth. My teaching methods are Humanities, English, VCAL and Religious Education. I love cooking, travelling, reading and spending time with my family and friends.”

Adele Bellizia

New Staff Profile

John Russo

“I have been teaching in Catholic education for nearly 30 years across 5 schools. Having taught across most subject areas from Years 7 to 10, I now teach mostly Science, Humanities and Digital Technologies. I also taught pre-service teachers at RMIT University in the areas of Digital Technology in education and cultural diversity in education. I recently spent two years as the National Education and Training Manager at the Australian Psychological Society overseeing continuous professional development for approximately 24,000 registered and provisional psychologists. I have completed a Masters of I.T Education and graduate studies in astronomy. I love the outdoors, reading, going to the movies, football and basketball.”

John Russo

New Staff Profile

Anthony Anastasio

“Having just completed my Masters of Teaching from Monash University, I am extremely excited about the opportunity to commence my teaching career at Salesian College. My methods are Mathematics and Physical Education and I am lucky enough to be teaching a Year 9 Oratory class this year. Outside of school, most of my time is taken up by football, where I play for the Port Melbourne Football Club. Further to that, I have a passion for all sports in general, travelling and being outdoors.”

Anthony Anastasio

New Staff Profile

Gabrielle Rolfe

“As a beginning teacher, I am so excited to start my journey at Salesian College. I recently completed my Masters of Teaching at Deakin University and my methods are Mathematics and Music. When I am not at school, I’m either at a dance class, spending time with my two spoilt dogs or baking.”

Gabrielle Rolfe

New Staff Profile

April Ma

“Having recently completed my Master of Teaching from the University of Melbourne, I am thrilled to join this welcoming community. Coming from a science and engineering background, I am passionate about Maths and its real-life applications. I speak two languages and love cooking, travelling and watching documentaries.”

April Ma

New Staff Profile

Stuart Hill

“I am an experienced Health, Physical Education and Maths teacher that is really excited to join Salesian for 2020. Already from my early experiences, I’ve been impressed by Salesian’s caring and positive culture along with the great sense of pride both staff and students have in our College, and have certainly appreciated the support from staff to help me find my feet.

Away from school, it’s my beautiful family that takes centre stage along with my other loves for sports and travelling that fill my time and provide great enjoyment.”

Stuart Hill

New Staff Profile

Leonie Nathan

“I have been a teacher for over 30 years and have moved from the Primary sector to teach in Secondary School.  My methods are English, Humanities and Religious Education and I also have a Year 7 Oratory.  I am really enjoying being part of this wonderful Salesian community and it was its values and teachings that drew me to want to teach here.  I have three children who are aged 27, 25 and 22.  I love reading, especially books about mystery and crime.  I also love to watch Collingwood play (and win!) and come from a large family of Magpie supporters.  The beach is my favourite place in the world.   I look forward to a wonderful year at Salesian in 2020.”

Leonie Nathan

New Staff Profile

Matthew Little

“I have been a professional musician for over 30 years, from a Chorister at Westminster Abbey to Senior Director of Music for the Royal Air Force UK. I moved to Melbourne in December 2018 with my wife Heather, who works at Monash Uni. I have previously been producing Public Experience initiatives for the Avalon Airshow and now looking forward to working with the fantastic Performing Arts team here at Salesian.”

Matthew Little