The abiding aim is for Salesian College to be a Catholic school for Catholic boys and to educate them in the Catholic Tradition. The Salesian College Guidelines have been developed in accordance with the Archdiocesan guidelines. Students will only be accepted if parents are prepared to actively support the ethos and directions of the College.
Criteria for Enrolment
1. Catholic students from Catholic Schools
2. Catholic students from Non-Catholic Schools
3. Brothers of existing or former students and sons of Past Pupils
4. Orthodox students from Catholic Schools
5. Orthodox Students from Non-Catholic Schools
6. Non-Catholic Christian students from Catholic Schools
7. Non-Catholic Christian students from Non-Catholic Schools
8. Non-Christian/Students with no Religious Affiliation from Catholic Schools
9. Non-Christian Students/Students with no Religious Affiliation from Non-Catholic Schools
Please note: In each criteria students resident in Priority Parishes will be given preference.
Students from Non-Christian traditions with access to schools in their own tradition will be given low consideration.
Ashburton St Michael’s Parish
Bennetswood St Scholastica’s Parish
Bentleigh East St Peter’s Parish
Burwood St Benedict’s Parish
Chadstone Holy Eucharist Parish
Clayton St Peter’s Parish
Clayton South St Andrew’s Parish
Hampton Park St Kevin’s Parish
Jordanville St Mary Magdalen’s Parish
Mount Waverley Holy Family Parish
Murrumbeena St Patrick’s Parish
Oakleigh East Christ Our Holy Redeemer Parish
Oakleigh Sacred Heart Parish
Springvale/Dingley St Joseph’s/St Mark’s Parish
Syndal St Christopher’s Parish
Wattle Park Our Lady’s Parish
NB: Priority parish refers to the student’s Parish of residence (not the location of the Primary School attended)
Salesian College abides by an inclusive and open enrolmetn Policy.
The Principal may exercise some discretion in particular pastoral circumstances.
- Applications to be submitted by the closing date as directed by the Catholic Education Office. (Usually by the end of February in the year prior to enrolment).
- Appropriate accompanying documentation to be submitted
- Families will be invited to attend an interview (Usually by the end of March in the year prior to enrolment)
- Places offered in accordance with the Enrolment guidelines during May when the student is in Grade 6. (Date as advised by the Catholic Education Office).
Years 8 – 12
- Applications can be submitted at any time. Applications will be judged using the above criteria. Offers will be made dependant upon availability of places and where appropriate the ability of the College to provide a suitable pattern of studies.
Application form submitted with:
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.00
- A copy of the Student’s most recent school report
- A copy of the Student’s most recent NAPLAN results
- A copy of the Student’s Baptismal Certificate
- Proof of Australian Residency-Birth Certificate/Passport/Visa etc
(Approved by College Leadership Team)