Blog

A Day in the Life of a Remote Learner

Tell me about your routine, studying from home. How do you structure your school day?

I structure my day like a normal day at school. I work based on the subjects I have throughout the day. Remote learning also allows you to focus on your subjects with less distractions. As I am based at Mannix Campus as a Year 9 student, remote learning allows more time for schoolwork as I know that I don’t need allow for travel time between subjects. Finishing work at home is great fun too as the travelling time to and from school is non-existent.

What tips do you have for other students on studying from home productively?

I always listen to music when I’m working as it really helps me to relax and get the work done. I also make sure to stay in frequent contact with all my mates and work together if I am able to do so.

It’s important to maintain a balance between school and relaxation. How are you maintaining a healthy balance yourself? What activities do you schedule in, outside of school hours?

I always make sure to get out of the house after school and walk around and stretch during my breaks. To keep in contact with everyone at school, I make sure to call my friends constantly.  

Will Thurston
Year 9 student