Please be aware that all students who are enrolled in at least one Unit 3 and 4 class will be sitting the VCAA GAT (General Achievement Test) exam on:
Wednesday 13 June 2018
The GAT goes for a total of 3 hours 15 minutes (10am -1:15pm) and is a test of general knowledge and skills in:
- Written communication
- Mathematics, Science and Technology
- Humanities, the Arts and Social Sciences
Although GAT results do not count directly towards a student’s VCE results, they play an important role in checking that school-based assessments and examinations have been accurately assessed, and in calculating Derived Examination Scores. Therefore, it is important to sit the GAT and do as well as possible on all parts of it. Students must approach this task with the utmost seriousness and be pre-prepared, as there are no toilet breaks throughout.
Major details for the day:
- Students are asked to arrive at the college at 9:00 am and go to the their designated rooms (to be confirmed)
- Students must bring their Salesian ID card into the exam
- Students may bring a dictionary (non-thesaurus)
- Have a set of pens and pencils (for the multiple choice section).
- Wear full school winter uniform
- All students sitting the GAT have permission to go home once the exam concludes and students will be dismissed from the hall (estimated finishing time will be 1:30pm).
In addition to the GAT, I ask you to note that during the Term 3 school holidays there are compulsory Unit 3/4 trial exams (Monday 1 October – Monday 8 October). A holiday trial exam timetable will be distributed to the students during Term 3.Phina Tran