The College is constantly striving to improve its teaching and learning strategies in order to enhance the learning outcomes of the boys.
Current Curriculum Projects
Enhancing Boys’ Reading Comprehension Skills
- The introduction of a series of modules designed in conjunction with Professor John Munro from the University of Melbourne which aim to enhance boys’ reading comprehension skills
Student Learning Management System (SIMON)
- The acquisition of a new learning management system entitled SIMON. This system will enable us to: track student performance; gain access via a portal to learning and teaching activities whenever and wherever we may be in the world; and provide parents with ready availability to important information including immediate access to their sons’ attendance history and assignment results
Laptop Program & Establishment of College ICT Working Party
- An ICT Working Party which is focusing on the further development of the boys’ ICT skills and teachers’ professional development to help augment the College’s laptop program
National Curriculum Working Parties
- The establishment of a series of working parties to prepare for the introduction of the National Curriculum in Years 7 – 10 English, Mathematics, Science and History in 2013
Data Analysis Working Party
- Commissioning a Data Analysis Working Party to assist the College to make better use of a range of qualitative and quantitative data sources to help inform and further improve teaching and learning activities.